Date - 07 January 2023 (Saturday), 09:15am –12:00noon
Assemble at Cheung Chau Pier (Suggest to take Ferry from Central (Pier No. 5) depart at 08:40am)
Contract No. DC/2019/07 titled “Outlying Islands Sewerage Stage 2 - Upgrading of Cheung Chau Sewage Treatment and Disposal Facilities” mainly comprise of upgrading of the existing Cheung Chau Sewage Treatment Works to increase its treatment capacity and upgrade its treatment standard to secondary level; and increasing the capacity of the existing Pak She Sewage Pumping Station, etc which were built in 1980s. The Contract commenced in November 2020 for completion in 2026. This contract is one of the first government contract to adopt the NEC4 ECC secondary option X22 – Early Contractor Involvement with mandatory pre-bid arrangement to enhance collaboration among different disciplines within the project team.
This site visit will begin with a brief introduction of challenges faced including limited ground transportation at outlying island and construction of new treatment facilities within a very small footprint without interrupting the existing treatment process. Then it is followed by a visit to the Cheung Chau Sewage Treatment Works. A Q&A session will be held after the visit.
Free of charge
Registration & Enquiries
- The maximum number of participants is limited to 30 on a first-come first-served basis with priority given to members of HKIE Civil Division / HKIE Building Services Division.
- Applicants who have already successfully registered to or participated in more than FIVE (5) visits organized by Civil Division / Building Services Division in the session 2021-22 will be given lower priority during the process of registration.
- Please visit the HKIE Civil Division website http://www.hkie-cv.org/ for online registration.
- Applicants are required to provide YOUR COMPANY NAME and YOUR POSITION by email to firstname.lastname@example.org after registration. Please use the email you provided in the registration.
- Only successful applicants will be notified on or before the visit.
For enquiries, please contact Mr Nicolas Lam at 6143 4331 or Miss Jane Leung at 9133 9066 or via email: email@example.com.