Date: 11th Sept 2023 (Mon)
Time: 6:15pm – 7:45pm
Venue: HKIE Chun Wo Room and Zoom
Organizer:HKIE Gas and Energy Division, HKIE Building Services Division, Hong Kong Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Energy Association
Registration Fee: Free of Charge
Hydrogen energy is a kind of rich, green and low-carbon secondary energy, which is widely used, and is gradually becoming one of the important carriers of global energy transformation and development. Hydrogen energy is an important part of the future national energy system including Hong Kong. The presentation will address the importance and challenges of hydrogen energy, give a brief introduction to the hydrogen energy and application, and how to create a market in order to achieve the vision of carbon neutrality.
Dr. Thomas Xiang is a professional engineer and is currently the Vice President of Hong Kong Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Energy Association (HKFCHEA)、Project Leader of Shanghai Shaanxi Coal Hi-tech Research Institute. Thomas is regarded as an expert on new energy including hydrogen energy and fuel cell industry. He has been engaged in technical research on fuel cell and hydrogen production in the United States, Hongkong and China successively, and obtained more than 50 patents related to hydrogen energy and fuel cell. He has rich experience in new energy system design, from vehicle fuel cell power system and standby power system to methanol reforming, hydrogen production and storage, energy storage system, etc. Has led the development of more than 10 heavy trucks, trucks, generators and other products. Hosted and participated in provincial and ministerial level projects for many times.
Registration & Enquiries
- The number of participants is limited to 300.
- Prior registration is required. Applications will be accepted on a first-come first served basis with the priorities given to HKIE-EG members.
- Successful members will be notified by an email with a Zoom Meeting link closer to the event date.
- Electronic copy of CPD certificate will be sent to successful members through email within one month after the event.
- Please register via this link: https://forms.gle/tJ1ZSWnybfAopAFc8 by 4 Sept 2023 (Mon).
- For enquiry, please contact Mr. Mathew Wong at 6164 0363.
The original flyer can be downloaded here.