Date: 27 April 2021
Venue: Multi-Purpose Hall, Zero Carbon Park, 8 Sheung Yuet Road, Kowloon Bay
Organizers: HKIE-Building Services Division / CIPHE Hong Kong Branch / CIWEM Hong Kong Branch
To Promote Smart Approach and Advance Technologies for Water Resources Management and Water Safety in Hong Kong
Waterworks Professionals, Building Designers, Building Construction and Maintenance Professionals and Practitioners, Facility Managers, and Academia
Official Language of the Conference: English
09:00 Welcome Address (Ir K F YEE, Chairman, HKIE Building Services Division)
09:05 Opening Speech (Guest of Honour: Mr. Kelvin K W LO, JP, Director of Water Supplies Department)
AM Session: Water Supplies (Session Chair: Ir Dr. Charles CHENG, Chairman, Organizing Committee of WC2021)
09:30 [To be advised]
- Ir CHUNG Wai Fung, Senior Engineer, Water Supplies Department
10:00 Smart Water Auditing
- Dr. Benjamin P L HO, Senior Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Hong Kong
10:30 Tea Break
11:00 Smart Water in Anderson Road Quarry Development
- Mr. Tony LAU, Director, Black & Veatch Limited
11:30 Green and Blue Network – Sustainable Infrastructure Design
- Miss Kathy NG, Chief Landscape Architect, Highways Department
12:00 AM Session Q&A
12:20 Lunch Break (*Lunch is NOT provided)
14:00 Welcome Address Ir C F LEUNG, Chairman, CIWEM Hong Kong
14:05 Opening Speech (Guest of Honour: Ms. Alice PANG, JP, Director of Drainage Services)
PM Session: Drainage (Session Chair: Mr. Emil LAU, Honorary Secretary, CIPHE Hong Kong Branch)
14:30 [To be advised]
- Mr. LAU Shing Cheong, Edwin, Chief Engineer, Land Drainage, Drainage Services Department
15:00 New Survey Method for Public Sewer
- Sr LAM Lit Yin, General Manager, D-reality Consultancy Limited
15:30 Tea Break
16:00 Smart Seawater Application and Wastewater Collection System Retrofitting for Resources Saving and Recovery
- Dr. DAI Ji, Research Assistant Professor, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
16:30 Satellite-based Smart Water Loss Management: Opportunities in the Era of Smart Cities and AI
- Dr. Howard CHEUNG, Assistant Director, Building Energy Analytics Company Limited
17:00 PM Session Q&A
17:20 Closing Address Ms. Sylvia LIU, Chairlady, CIPHE Hong Kong Branch
Remark: The Organizers reserve the right to modify and update the conference program without prior notice.
Member of HKIE-BSD, CIPHE-HKB, CIWEM HK or Supporting Organizations: Early Bird HK$700 / Standard HK$1,000
Non-member: Early Bird HK$800 / Standard HK$1,100
Full-time Student: Early Bird HK$100 / Standard HK$150
*Early Bird registration discount is only valid if payment is received on or before 15 March 2021.
** Lunch is NOT included.
Contingency Plan Statements:
1) The Organizing Committee will review conference date at the End of February and will re-confirm the participants.
2) If Government restriction cannot allow our conference to be held within year 2021, we will refund all registration fee to the participants and new arrangement to be announced upon suitable time.
Participant can obtain a certificate of 6 hours Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
[This conference has recognized for WSD Voluntary Continuing Professional Development Scheme (Code: C06-003-20210427).
If you would apply for credits of the Voluntary Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Scheme for LP under Water Supplies Department, please make sure you have provided a valid Plumber Licence Number. Certificate will only be issued to whom with full attendance.]
Register online via https://forms.gle/KSAwG2hFLSt2aWkZ9, prepare a Crossed Cheque payable to
“The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers - BS Division ", and mail to Ir Keith Yue, Hysan Development Co. Ltd., 50/F., Lee Garden One, 33 Hysan Avenue, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong.
Please read through the Remarks stated at the end of the Enrolment Form before registration.
At the back of the cheque, please state the following information:
1. Water Conference 2021;
2. Name of Company/Organization;
3. Name of Registrant;
4. Contact Telephone Number; &
5. Email Address.
There is no refund for cancellation of registration initiated by a registrant. However, the registration may be transferred to another person from the same company or organization at no extra charge by notifying the Organizer on or before 15 April 2021.
Seating capacity is limited, on a first-come- first-served basis.
Registration will close on 15 April 2021.
For enquiry, please contact the Secretariat Ms. Coty Siu by Phone on (852) 2417-0091,
Email at email@example.com or Fax to (852) 2417-9719.
Chairman: Ir Dr. Charles CHENG (HKIE-BSD)
Ir K F YEE (HKIE-BSD)
Ir Raymond TAM (HKIE-BSD)
Ms. Esther MAK (HKIE-BSD)
Mr. Steven POON (HKIE-BSD)
Mr. Arthur LI (CIPHE-HKB)
Ms. Sylvia LIU (CIPHE-HKB)
Mr. Y C YIU (CIPHE-HKB)
Ir Kenneth CHAN (CIPHE-HKB)
Ir Derek CHAN (CIPHE-HKB)
Ir C F LEUNG (CIWEM-HK)
Ir Grant CHAU (CIWEM-HK)
Ir H H CHENG (CIWEM-HK)
Dr. Katrina KWOK (CIWEM-HK)
Adviser: Ir Dr. C S WONG
• Architectural Services Department
• BEAM Society Limited
• Building Services Operation and Maintenance Executives Society
• Buildings Department
• Business Environment Council
• Construction Industry Council
• Drainage Services Department
• Electrical and Mechanical Services Department
• Environmental Protection Department
• Highways Department
• Hong Kong Green Building Council
• Hong Kong Housing Authority / Housing Department
• International Facility Management Association Hong Kong Chapter
• The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers Hong Kong Region
• The Hong Kong Institute of Facility Management
• The Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors
• Water Supplies Department
The original flyer can be found here.